Saturday, October 22, 2011

"C" With a Bit of Thrift!

Over at Scrapbookers Anonymous, they are on their third month of the A to Z challenge. You can check it out here. So, this month we were challenged to use a supply that starts with the letter C. I chose to use some of my crocheting. I love to mix my two favorite hobbies like that!



And where's The Thrift part? Well, you see, the patterned paper I used as the background on this layout is two sided. And I wanted to use the other side as a mat for a photo on another layout, it was just too perfect a match not to. But, I already had the floral side of the paper picked out to scrap this picture of my husband's grandmother. And, of course, I only had one sheet of it. I mean, seriously, what's a scrapper to do in a situation like this?!? So, with some careful planning and measuring, I cut a piece out of the interior of the paper to use as my mat on the other layout, which left this big hole in the paper. I then simply cut a square of the basket weave brown patterned paper, which I had already picked out to use as a mat for the grandmother picture, and adhered it to the BACK side of the hole. Voila, problem solved! I got to use the patterned paper on BOTH layouts, the exact way I wanted to and didn't have to compromise! Ha! Sometimes, it helps to be thrifty!

Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

  1. Love being thrifty!! :) I also love that you've used your crocheting on your page. Nicely done. Glad you played along with us at Scrapbookers Anonymous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful layout! The paper is just perfect for that photo! And such a great idea on how you cut the paper and mat the photo! Thanks for joining in the fun at Scrapbookers Anonymous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout - loving the crocheted border! Great idea to save paper as well!! Thanks so much for playing along with Scrapbookers Anonymous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous layout!!! Thank you so much for playing along with US over at Scrapbookers Anonymous... hugs..xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful LO and I love that you've added a crocheted border. Thanks for joining us at Scrapbookers Anonymous.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful layout. yes, it pays to be thrifty. ya gotta do what's necessary.. lol.. love the crochet border. Thanks so much for playing along with us at scrapookers anonymous. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. very nice! Great work with the challenge!
    Eli (Scrapbookers anonymous)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! The photo and paper combines so well! Thanks for sharing your tip! Thanks so much for joining us at Scrapbookers Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete