Monday, September 17, 2012

Time to Play!

Hi, all!  I am so happy and thankful that I have had time to play with my Counterfeit Kit this month!  Here are two pages I have already done.  (Or is it considered one?  It's a double page, so does that count as one or as two?  Hmm....)  The first challenge over at Counterfeit Kit Challenge is to use an old item in our stash.  Well, these pages have brads on them, and they are as old as they come!  Of course, the largest portion of my stash is old, so it really wasn't a stretch.  And if I can be honest, I was going to add the brads to these pages even before the challenge was issued.  So, not sure if I'm cheating or not! Ha ha!  (I also used an old tool that hadn't seen daylight in a while-my templates.  Just sayin', you know, in case that helps my cause any!)

 These pages are about my son's 2nd birthday party.  (Reminder: he's almost 21 years old now, so these are certainly not current photos!)  First, the two pages together:

And here's each page in more detail:


The number 2 used in the title on page 1 is actually a chipboard letter, a lower case "a" with some strategic cutting to make it into a number 2.  I used a combination of Spellbinder dies and an old template to cut the ovals.  I only have one set of the oval dies, and it happened that the next sized oval up was too big for the look I wanted.  I should get the other set of oval dies that has all the "in between" sizes from mine, but I just don't want to spend the money right now. So, I improvised and used my trusty old oval template to draw and hand cut the sizes I needed.  Hey, it works for me!

I'm also working on another page now, using that great sketch provided from CKC the other day.  I'm almost finished with it, so will be posting it soon!

Thanks for dropping by and happy crafting!

6 comments:

  1. Oh I love how you've incorporated so many photos here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! I love two-pagers!!!! he is such a cutie at 2~!!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool page, and nice save with the converted "a"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job scrapping your older photos! Such a cutie! Love the bright colors you used for these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have consulted with an authority on the matter, and this would be viewed as one, two page, layout. Either way, you did great here. Extra points for improvising when you didn't have the "perfect" tool on hand.
    And isn't it rewarding to spend some time with these older photos and the sweet memories that follow them around?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely pages! Love your embellies!

    ReplyDelete